CURB-SIDE RECYCLING NOW IN DEERFIELD TOWNSHIP
Recycling Hotline : (989) 773-9631
Deerfield Townships and Isabella County Recycling Center have joined in a
curbside recycling partnership to bring recycling to your door. Starting in
March 2007 the County Recycling Center will provide curbside recycling to
residents in your townships.
Townships participating in this curbside recycling program can be certain
of many savings, including; reducing household trash, personal time spent
recycling, and gasoline paid for at the pump.
Isabella County’s and Deerfield Township’s commitment to recycling is
unique and focused on streamlining residential recycling in an effort to
provide a quality curbside recycling that is cost-effective.
Curbside recycling is one of the best ways to protect the environment,
especially in times of shrinking personal budgets of both time and money.
• Throwing away a single aluminum can, is like pouring out six ounces of
gasoline. The aluminum can is 100% recyclable and can be used to make new
beverage cans indefinitely.
• 75% of what Americans throw in the trash could actually be recycled.
• Land filling 10,000 tons of waste creates 6 jobs; recycling 10,000 tons
of waste creates 36 jobs.
• A national recycling rate of 30% saves 5 billion gallons [114 million
barrels] of gasoline.
• Recycling diverted 68 million tons from landfills in 2001, up from 34
million tons in 1990.
• Recycling 35% reduces global warming emissions equal to 36 million cars
taken off the road.
• Every Sunday 500,000 trees could be saved if everyone recycled their